In life, sometimes we have to expect the unexpected. We can lay out our best plans … and circumstances simply turn out otherwise. This is true in all aspects of life, and meeting with your attorney is no different. Sometimes, an in-person meeting is ideal, but for one reason or another, going to your attorney’s office or to a meeting place together just isn’t possible. In the past, this might have meant discussing matters over the phone, or cancelling the meeting altogether. Fortunately, now there are other options.
We live in a world with amazing technology – technology that is “smart” and growing smarter all the time. As the saying goes, there’s an application for everything now – and this is true when it comes to meeting with your attorney too. Today, we are fortunate enough to be able to meet in-person virtually, regardless of where we are, thanks to virtual meeting applications like Zoom.
So, What is Zoom, Anyway?
Zoom is a reliable and easy cloud-based platform for video and audio conferencing that many attorneys across the country are now using to meet with clients virtually, and with great success. It is easy to install, easy to use, and it offers a number of advantages including:
- Virtual Conference Rooms: Zoom allows many people to meet together at once. This means that you can have a one-on-one meeting with your attorney – but you can also meet with your attorney, your spouse, your spouse’s attorney, a mediator, and any number of other professionals – all at the same time. It is easy to see and hear each person participating in the meeting, and to interact as if you’re all present in a conference room together.
- Zoom is available on all platforms: Whether you have an Android or an Apple product, or whether you prefer to use your laptop or desktop computer, Zoom is easy to install and easy to use, regardless of your platform of choice.
- Excellent security: Zoom has strict privacy and security controls, including encryption and password protection, so that you can be certain that your meeting includes only those participants you specifically invite to attend. You can rest assured that when you use Zoom, your identity and information is secure.
- Content sharing: Zoom allows users the option to screen-share and virtually annotate documents. This means that as you’re having your conference, participants can share legal documents remotely, and collaborate on them together, as if you were sitting around a table in the same room.
- Recording options: Zoom also offers participants the option to record their meeting, if they would like to, and if all are in agreement. Depending upon the nature of the meeting, this may be a helpful feature to utilize.
These are only a few of the many excellent features that Zoom offers, and all are easy to use and understand – regardless of whether you consider yourself tech-savvy or not.
Schedule a Zoom Meeting With Us Today
We are happy to offer the option of Zoom conferences to all of our clients. We believe firmly that even if we can’t meet in person, it doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t meet at all. Your life should continue moving forward, and we’ll make every effort to ensure that it does. Scheduling is available through our website, or by calling any one of our office locations. We look forward to meeting with you soon.